How to start SOLO practice?

Ulissija

How to start SOLO practice?

Post by Ulissija » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:10 am

1) Read through several introductory texts – about SOLO practice, about Internal Witness, about our rules for bearing witness in group.
2) You have to choose the SPACE where nobody/nothing will disturb you for at least an hour.
Ensure, the SPACE is safe for you and there is no danger for the SPACE (for example, if you have the expensive vase at the bedside table, put it away, and better to cover the sharp corner of a coffee table with a towel/blanket).
Now you will move with the closed eyes and can occasionally broke the vase or hit yourself on the corner of the table, if you not took care about your and space safety in advance.
I like to move outdoors, in nature. But in that case we have to choose SPACE even more carefully. Firstly, there must be no car movement. Secondly, far from other people. Thirdly, no ravines, no ditches, no open hatches and no other serious dangers for your health and life.
3) You have to determine TIME for the practice and switch on the timer (for example, on your smartphone). Switching off the sound on your phone at the same time (that is necessary). Timer is important. It sets frames for the process. Gives stability. I recommend to set 20-minutes processes at the beginning.
4) You have to TUNE IN. Different tunings and attention focuses are possible for this practice, we speak a lot about that on our trainings, retreats and workshops. But you can just “scan” your body, listen for your breath, choose the body position and exact place, from which you want to start the movement, invite your Internal Witness to the process, close your eyes and just let your body to move in the way, it wishes. Not “I am moving”. But “I am moved”. The only restriction is “no-harm”. We arrange with ourselves that will not destroy ourselves or the space. In all other aspects – freedom and non-judgment. You can move actively, or just a bit, or even just breathe and feel how blood flows through a vein. Let it be. Observe. Observe the body behavior, your feelings, visions that are arriving. Before timer rings.
5) The TRANSITION TIME. Do not be in a hurry, do not yank yourself from the process abruptly.
6) Write about your EXPERIENCE. You can write in present time, in the “first-person”, as you are experiencing this 20 minutes once again. Write without hesitation, as it is. Write freely, as you moved recently.
7) You can share your text in the closed group in Internet (https://www.facebook.com/groups/authenticmovementsolo/ ) or in our forum (in the closed group – for SOLO practitioners). You can add something afterwards. From other statute. Those records are especially valuable in your own diary, if you have started it. Share your feelings. And if something is not clear – ask questions.
8) Accept the group witness. Support. And be Witness yourself, read and state the records of other people.
9) Make the practice regular. You can connect it to your daily routine. Or you can follow your natural impulse. Depends on what is better and easier for you.