About Relational massage&bodywork clubs

Ulissija

About Relational massage&bodywork clubs

Post by Ulissija » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:50 pm

It has been a long time since I promised to write about Relational massage&bodywork clubs. I think it is an important subject
yet also a complicated one. I’ll try to write this text in such a way as to make it clear for those who already visited our relational massage seminars and know what this is, and for those who don’t know anything about this practice.
In an organizational sense, the idea of clubs is very simple. I recommend to all people who visited my seminars to arrange meetings for massage exchange and research practice. It doesn’t cost anything, especially if you meet at somebody’s apartment. Or you can rent some premises in a good place for a one evening or a day of the week. And everyone will know that it is a day of the meeting. The second variant is more organized. At the beginning, however, spontaneous meetings are good. I also ask to write reports about such meetings in a corresponding forum thread or in diaries about what is realized during the practice. It requires making some effort, but if you do it, you will not regret this. What is the value of such “clubs idea”? In general, it is a natural development of the situation, and as everything natural it has
value:
1. “Consuming”. Now you can get a very good massage (you will never find something similar in salon) for free, on a regular basis, in return for your massage. Your body will be very thankful. A lot of people who practice with clients after the seminar just dream about good massage. But they can’t find masters who are as good as they are. I just suggest not to lose each other and to stay together.
2. Practice development. Experience exchange, conversations, realizations of the experience…
In such groups it is possible to research different aspects of “our” technique. Of course you will get qualitative feedback. A lot of things that we are doing are difficult to express in words. But we can in some way. It is useful to realize what you are doing. That is why I ask to write after a process, if possible – in our groups and in the forum. Group energy works for everyone. “Be yourself in the presence of another”. Moreover, newcomers often are scared to work with random people. And it is even more scary to work with relatives (but this is another story). But it is easier to make your first steps in a group of like-minded people.
3. Therapeutic, with support in a personal growth process. Everybody knows that I have also been working as a psychotherapist for a long time, and now also on Skype. And I can say that there is a serious limitation in therapist-client relationships. There is a lot from parenting relations. Transference. It is impossible to avoid it, and therapists use it as a resource for the therapy of childhood traumas, for correction of destructive programming that has been hammered into somebody’s head in childhood. Inner child, inner parent and a mature person live in every person, and in personal therapy we support “the child” and teach “the parent” how to better take care of “the child”. And the question that has to be answered is – how to help our “mature part” to grow? Such groups of equals can really help to build relationships, to make a contribution in common processes, and at the same time to get help and support from other people. From equal position, not as a client. Consciously. Sometimes it can be difficult, but I’m sure that our practice is a great training for relationships, not formal, but deep and intimate, with common experience and interests. But these are relationships with a sense of boundaries. This also can be therapeutic.
4 Physical and spiritual growth. I ask to keep a clear format for club meetings: only those who visited our seminars and know the practice can take part in it. The main part of meetings is practice in communication with the body. To look deeply inside yourself and at the same time to communicate with other people in the group. In our massage practice we train a special condition that can be a powerful resource which gives power and inner stability in the external world, particularly if it is supported by regular club meetings. You will have stamina to look at the world with open eyes, to meet reality, to choose how you react. This is like being an acrobat - it doesn’t matter how life pushes you, you always have a place where to come back and heal your soul. A place where there always is somebody who will embrace and understand you, without any conditions. Maybe it seems to be idealistic, but I know we can do it, for ourselves and for others, without any hesitation. Because we can.
(c) Olesya Bondareva